When I started looking into essential oils I asked myself whether or not I’d really use them. I’d bought into products before and then didn’t follow through and use them. This decision became especially important when I was trying to decide if I wanted to use this as a business. After all, I’d sold BeautiControl and Avon and I didn’t do very well with either one because I wasn’t passionate about the product.
When I started researching Young Living and all of the ways people used the oils I started to see that these essential oils truly were essential to those that used them. Now that I’ve been using them for almost a year I can say that I 100% agree that my oils are essential.
The great thing about the oils is that I’m not creating a reason to use these oils I’m just replacing multiple products with a group of oils. I’m replacing synthetic with natural. I don’t have to worry about what I’m putting into my body and the side effects that come with it.
(For legal purposes I have to say that the following statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The following statements are based on personal testimony and the testimony of thousands of Young Living users.)
How I use my oils everyday:
- Pick me up in the morning — I use Lemon and Joy in the diffuser in the morning to help wake me up.
- Moisturizer — Before putting my makeup on in the morning I use a blend of different oils mixed with coconut oil as a moisturizer. It’s great because it moisturizes my face without being too greasy.
- Calming — Josiah has sensory issues and tends to be a little hyperactive. I use Cedarwood, Vetiver, and Peace and Calming to help us through the day.
- Hormone help — I have a progesterone deficiency so I use Prenelone cream which has different essential oils in it. There are several other oils that help with estrogen and progesterone issues.
- Weight loss — I use Peppermint, Citrus Fresh, and Endoflex as an appetite suppressant, thyroid/digestion support system, body detox, and metabolism booster.
- Makeup remover — At the end of the night to remove my makeup I put the moisturizer on and the coconut oil helps take off all of my makeup.
- Sleep — Some nights when my family can’t seem to wind down we use either Lavender, Peace and Calming, Cedarwood, or SleepEssence oil capsules to help us get to sleep.
- Stomach ache — We use peppermint to relieve nausea and vomiting.
- Fever — Lemon and Peppermint will reduce most fevers within minutes.
- Headache — Stress Away, Peppermint, Panaway, and several other oils help soothe all types of headaches.
- Ear Infection — Thieves, Purification, and Lavender will soothe the ear ache and pull the infection and fluids out of the ear (DO NOT put oils inside the ear).
- Teething — Using a mixture of Thieves and olive oil I’ve eliminated the painful cries of my teething baby.
- Indigestion/heart burn — Lemon and Peppermint will soothe the burn within minutes.
- Burn — Lavender immediately removes the pain and promotes healing. Frankincense is used in the healing process as well.
- Cough/cold — Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, R.C., and several other mixtures are used to soothe the cough and help clean out the sinuses and chest.
- Allergies — Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint will work together as an antihistamine to relieve day to day allergy symptoms.
- Aches and pains — Panaway works great for muscle pain, joint pain, inflammation, etc…
Nearly every medication I’ve used in the past or kept in my medicine cabinet has been replaced by at least one Young Living Oil. Some people feel like the cost of the oils is more than they can afford or want to spend, but when I look at the hundreds of dollars I’ve saved by not buying Tylenol and cough syrup it’s well worth it to me. A bottle of cough syrup costs anywhere from $6-$10. The oil combo used to help with cough will help with at least 5-10 other issues. This makes the oil mixture more valuable to me than the $10 bottle of cough syrup which is only good for one thing.
For more information about Young Living Oils or to purchase oils, comment or visit Youngliving.com. If you decide to order or sign up, my member number is 1795576.